- I was actually born in Brooklyn in what is known today as Brookdale Hospital. My parents and I lived with my grandmother in the Williamsburg section until I was 2 years old when we moved to Queens.
- I always hated driving on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway since the traffic was always terrible.
- I went to library school at Pratt Institute from 1979-82. Most of my classes were on the weekends
- From 1968 - 1972 I dated several girls who lived in Brooklyn
- My Aunt Rebecca and Uncle George lived in the Crown Heights section for many years
- Karen's Uncle Irving and Aunt Rose lived in the Georgetown section across from Gil Hodges Lanes
- My good friend Roy lives in Brooklyn Heights
- I enjoyed going to the Transit Museum in downtown Brooklyn
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Some Memories of Brooklyn
Today I was at a library conference at Brooklyn College. I will write it up tomorrow in my professional blog , but I want to devote this entry to some memories of the borough of Brooklyn.