I am famous for having a good memory so let me recall some experiences I;ve had with cheapskates in my life. I will use initials to protect the privacy of my frugal friends.
1. RH and I are alumni of Forest Hills High School class of 1967 which had a 35th year reunion in 2002. I paid $45 for the reunion, but RH came along, didn't pay, and told the organizers that he would hang around until the food came.
2. When RH goes to the movies he tries to get free passes. If he has to pay at a multiplex he usually goes to two or more movies when paying for only one.
3. Some years back RH and I went to the American Museum of Natural History. A donation of any amount was required. I gave $5, but RH gave a nickel. In recent years his donation has increased to a quarter.
4. When RH goes to the theater or to a ballet he buys the cheapest ticket. He makes friends with the ushers and moves to better seats at the intermission.
5. When HK took his car with friends he would always ask for money for gas even if he went a few miles.
6 When HK invites people to his house in the winter he keeps the thermostat so low that all his guests freeze
Enough for now